Saturday, June 18, 2011

….TK Fiesta…Laurel, Katimo and Payapa…..

……Fiesta’s in the barrios of Tagkawayan is fun, surely there will be dancing, drinking, eating, games, pageants and other contest.  Meeting other people as well as getting to know their place….

Laurel
……A day before the actual fiesta we went there to support our friend Kim who joined Miss Gay Laurel 2011 but unfortunately Kim lost to a much taller and much wittier Ferdi….While watching the pageant most of us really wanted some drinks, Mar got the table and chairs while others gave their share on the drinks which is Emperador Light, palamig and of course with pulutan……
…..The pageant ended a little early and so we stayed and continue partying….At around 2am we left Laurel and head home….Before we left Mar invited us to the actual fiesta and we agreed….Mar Laurel is the son of Mang Clarito Laurel who happens to be the son of Don Gregorio Laurel who developed and improved the place hence the name Baranggay Laurel…….






…….We arrive at noon in Laurel, we ate and toured their compound visiting their own cemetery, the groto and the beautiful houses in the compound. The Laurel compound looks like a resort with manicured gardens. Then at 4pm we went to the barrio chapel and sat in the big open ground.  We just sat there chatting and people watching…..Watching the kids play makes us smile and some of my friends cannot resist joining the fun…After  that we went home….








Laurel Train Station





Katimo
…..The pageant in Laurel gave me the opportunity to meet other people from Katimo and we became friends namely Johnry and SK Mark. They invited us to their victory ball and fiesta…..

.........I don’t remember the last time I have been to Katimo. We went there to attend the victory ball arriving  past 9 in the evening. We received a cold welcome from some of our friends who were there. Dissapointed we wanted to packed up and go home. But suddenly our friends in from Katimo welcomed us  by providing chairs, table and a bottle of liquor …so we stayed…….We were responsibly drinking and dancing the whole night before going home….



.......We arrived noon and head straight to the house of our friend Miswa..This is the feast day celebration of Katimo. We ate at Miswas’ place then we head to another house and ate again….I was so full that I didn’t ate much in the second house…After that we rested for a while before heading back to Miswas’ place. Then my friend Johnry invited me to his home and there a bottle of Matador Brandy is waiting for me…..We drank the whole afternoon and I am getting a bit tipsy…After the drinking session at Johnry’s  place  we head back to Miswas’ place and continued drinking……I must admit that I got drunk and sleepy. I slept for an hour or hour and a half before waking up.  Waking up to the sound of the videoke machine was terrible. I saw my friends having fun and I joined them.  After a few hours of singing we went home.  Tired from partying in Katimo I was able to sleep soundly that night.








Payapa
.........I have been to Payapa a couple of times attending fiesta and a family reunion. One my closest friend’s family is from here. And so we went there at noon on a motorcycle. The tuklong or barrio chapel was our first stop then after that Tata Pito’s house where we ate our lunch. After a delicious  lunch at Tata Pito we head for another house. The view in Payapa is beautiful we took photos of it and then we rested for a while preparing for our next meal….After eating we rested again while Ray is busy putting on make-up on his cousins. After that we went home on the same mode of transpo but this time I wasn’t seating at the back I was literally in the front. It was scary but fun….I called it a day and rested....

Barrio Payapa chapel
Pacqiuao













No comments:

Post a Comment