Wednesday, June 15, 2011

…tk beach….sitio kitay…..

…..Finding Sitio Kitay was indeed by chance….and I saw it from the other side…from Brgy. Candalapdap…..Immediately I was drawn to its beauty and I am only looking at it from a distance…I noticed the sand bar and the two mangrove tree. I picked my cam and took photos of it….and I told myself that I will visit that place soon. Informing my friends about this new spot was first on my agenda and they agreed on having a picnic there…..

.........Sitio Kitay is a beach with a sand bar as far as the eye can see….it is also lined with mangrove forest along its coastline…..Getting there is easy just rent a boat or by foot from Brgy. Laurel or Brgy. Candalapdap but for a potato couch like me I suggest the boat because it will take you to Sitio Kitay in around 1hour from the town proper.

..........At around 8am we started cooking our meal for the trip….Everyone is excited. We prepared adobo and pancit with fresh fish to be grilled later. Again we rented a boat and at around 10-11am we headed for Sitio Kitay. Going there presented a challenge I have seen it from Candalapdap side not from Tagkawayan Bay side but luckily I remembered the two mangrove tree that is apart from everyone else. We arrived there at noon and picked a spot below a small mangrove tree that provides shade from the sun…….We ate first before anything else…………I went on exploring the place…I saw a rotten mangrove branch and I remembered Andrew Zimmern I picked it up and find a Tamilok….much to my friends disgust I ate the Tamilok and it taste like an oyster…yum..



Arriving in Sitio Kitay on a boat



Sitio Kitay


Gerone and the Mangrove Gate
......We sat under the small mangrove tree chatting and laughing…then most of us went to the lone mangrove tree and took pictures of it with my friends then they climb it looking like jungle people…
As the hour pass by some of my friends and I took a dip in the sea. It is not that deep….it is only up to my chest….And as the tide recedes it exposes the long sand bar and we walked towards the sand bar….At the far end of what seems to be endless sand bar it felt like you are in the middle of the ocean with 360 breathtaking view of the mountains of Tagkawayan and Guinayangan.

The Lone Mangrove Tree


The Jungle People


Emote...????


Sitio Kitay's Sand Bar
........At around 5pm the rented boat came back to pick us up and we packed up our things leaving no trash…..Then we bid farewell to Sitio Kitay…..But before we can go home we experienced problems, our boat hit the sea floor twice and twice I have to jump into the water to save the day…joining me is my friend Bibong….then after a while we are able to fix the problem while mamang bankero did nothing at all…..It is already getting dark when we finally head home….thank God we did….

No comments:

Post a Comment